There are a variety of different things that can go wrong with your Belmont plumbing system, but one of the most common plumbing problems are leaky pipes. The plumbing system of your Belmont home is made up several different pipes, connectors and drains that have to work together in order for your home’s plumbing to run successfully.
However, a leaky pipe can cause damage to your entire plumbing system and water damage to your home. If you think your home might be suffering from a leaky, here are some tips and tricks from your Belmont plumbing repairs professionals.
What Causes Leaks to Occur in Your Plumbing System
Before we can tell you how to tell if you have a leak in your plumbing system, we feel it is important for you to know what causes the leaks in your plumbing system.
Leaks can be caused by a number of different things including:
- Water Chemistry
- Old Plumbing in a House
- The pH of the water
- The oxygen level in the water
- The temperature of the water and outside the pipes location
- The amount of water pressure running through the pipe
How to Tell If Your Belmont Home Is Suffering From Leaks in the Plumbing System
When it comes to finding a leak in your home, it can either be really obvious or really complicated. Sometimes a leak can be right in front of your eyes, and other times it can be hidden underground or within the walls of your home. Either way, here are some signs that your Belmont home is suffering from leak pipes in the plumbing system.
Check Your Bathroom and Kitchen Fixtures
- You can visually inspect your kitchen and bathroom sink for any signs of leaks. If you owned a garbage disposal, it is smart to check for signs of leaking water around the pipes.
- You can also check for a leak in your kitchen or bathroom by turning off all of your fixtures and listening for any signs of running or dripping water.
Check Your Water Pressure
- If you turn on your water in the shower of your bathroom, and you notice the water is not coming through as strong as it used to, there could be a leak within your pipes.
- A professional Belmont plumber will be able to further inspect your plumbing system for a leak within a water pipe.
Water Bill Increase Every Month
- When there is a hike in your water bill, you are bound to notice. If you haven’t changed your normal routine when it comes to using water in your home, but your water bill has still risen, there is a chance you have a leak in your plumbing.
If you are looking for Belmont Plumbing Repairs, call W.H. Hobbs Inc. at 704-332-1119, or fill out our online request form.